Negroni Week 2017 Raises Over $500,000
Thanks to over 7,700 bars and restaurants around the world, Negroni Week 2017 raised $537,539 in donations! That means to date, Negroni Week has raised almost $1.5 million for charitable causes. This year’s top fundraiser was Kettner Exchange in San Diego, which means that in addition to receiving the donations raised via the Negroni Week website, their chosen charity, One More Wave, will be receiving a $10,000 donation from Campari. “These generous donations will be assisting 15-20 veterans in receiving custom surfboards, custom wetsuits, ancillary equipment and a score of other assistance items,” says One More Wave vice president, Kyle Buckett. “By empowering One More Wave, Negroni Week will not only provide the custom equipment needed, but also impact individuals who may be dealing with anxiety, depression and PTSD. The ocean therapy these individuals will be able to achieve because of Negroni Week will not only impact their lives, but also their families.”
In addition, Imbibe randomly selected a participating Negroni Week venue to receive an extra donation for their chosen charity, and this year Nitecap in NYC was selected, which means their chosen charity, WILD, received an additional $2,500 donation. These funds will help WILD in its mission to protect the world’s wilderness and wildlife. “Negroni Week is ample proof that compassion comes in many forms, some of them tumbler-shaped and on the rocks,” says Amy Lewis of WILD. “Thank you Imbibe, Negroni artists and Negroni connoisseurs for strengthening work that will defend nature at the scale she needs to continue to function on our behalf, and to keep Earth wild!”
The money raised for this year’s charity partners will help support a range of amazing causes. Here are some other tangible results of this year’s donations:
* OzHarvest will be able to deliver 23,629 meals to those in need.
* PAWS will be able to supply treats, cat scratchers and microchips to all of the kittens in their care that are waiting to find homes.
* The Arbor Day Foundation will be able to plant almost 5,000 trees in a forest of greatest need.
* The Greater Chicago Food Depository will be able to provide 22,545 meals for those in need.
* Water for People will be able to supply clean water for a year to over 500 people.
* Lovin’ Spoonfuls will be able to recover 15,000 pounds of food and redistribute it to those who need it most.
* Refugee Canteen will be able to launch The Refugee Canteen Academy Bar, which will allow them to train refugees on how to get a successful start in hospitality.
* Muttville will be able to save almost 20 new senior dogs.
* SHARE will be able to expand their national support group program for women living with breast and ovarian cancer.
* Banco de Alimentos will be able to feed an estimated 25,800 children.
We’d like to extend a HUGE thank you to all of the bars, restaurants and retailers that participated in Negroni Week this year, and to all 42 of our incredible charity partners. And, of course, to everyone who supported their favorite participating venues during the week. Stay tuned for an announcement of dates for Negroni Week 2018, and until then, be sure to toast this incredible collective effort with a Negroni!